Friday, July 27, 2007

Crocheting, but not for me

This is the bolero that my friend HS likes very much and the pattern is obtained from a Taiwan Yahoo blog. So this crocheting is for her. I am using a Japan cotton fine yarn, like lace weighting, which is very soft and light. At before, I don't like to crochet with cotton yarn for some bad experience, but now my mind is totally changed. This is my first time to crochet a top-down bolero starting with a round yoke.

Since the gauge is not the same as the pattern, I have used much time to test the tension and all the calculation. What you see from the picture is my second trial, hope this size will fit her. I will get her to try it before I go ahead.



7 comments:

Baa Bonny Belle said...

You always create the most beautiful pieces...looking forward to the finished bolero.

Your friend is very lucky...

Judy said...

Oh, this is just beautiful, and so feminine! I love it. Can't wait to see it finished. Lucky friend!!

Girl Kae said...

I really like this pattern. It's very cute.

JL said...

Oh, yours is so beautiful !

I'm still struggling with it.(Ripped off 2X due to the size).

Judy said...

yes, the crocheted motif for my bolero was from a Chinese chart. Today I will begin the third square. Good luck on your bolero!

Knittypants said...

That's a really cute little top, your friend is lucky :-)

hoyan said...

lovely pattern! your friend is lucky indeed.