Saturday, January 26, 2008

Reading - Paradise Fields

Paradise Fields by Katie Fforde



Nel Innis fits the standard quite nicely but in her own way is quite different from previous incarnations. A widow for 10 years, she has raised her three nearly adult children on her own. They, along with the family dogs, vast numbers of friends, and multiple charitable interests, have filled her life quite well, if chastely, until now. In comes Jake Demerand, mysterious, fearfully attractive, and, unfortunately, working as the lawyer representing the opposition in a land battle that threatens her most valued causes. Paradise Fields is in the Cotswolds, the site of a hospice for seriously ill children and a seasonal farmer's market. The current owner wants to build houses. Development is inevitable; how it will be done is the issue that Nel takes on. Will she succeed? What happens with Jake?

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

Hey there....the Katie Fforde book sounds very good. How is it as you read? I just placed it on hold at our local library.

I love that you share the books you are reading. Some I have read, some I haven't. You have been a great resource.

How is your knitting coming along? Anything on the needles or back to crochet?

Take care...

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

I too have placed this book on hold and have been told already that three people are in line before me. I may have to buy my own.