Friday, September 22, 2006

A new project from IK




The right and left front is finished. Next is to joint them with the back and crochet the border. I like to crochet the border.

From my previous message, I say I will tell you how I block my knitting stuff. You can see that I pin them in my non-used pillow. It is a good idea that I don't have to do it in my bed, otherwise, I have to block it early in the Sunday morning in sake of it can be dried at night. Now, I can block them at any time and anywhere. And also it is good that the fabric pattern of the pillow cover is rectangle, this can be treated as a ruler to guide the straight line and inches.



This is my next project - Sienna cardigan from IK Fall 2006 using this mohair + wool yarns which are given by my friend many years ago. As the tension is not the same as the pattern, I have to use some time to calculate the no. of stitches and adjust my size.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

I don't have a good place to block my knits. I was thinking in getting some of those carpet foams ( like puzzles) for kids.

I like your new panel, it looks very nice and suitable. ;)

Courtney said...

that is a great blocking idea! I may need to find my old pillows and put them to work!
The yarn for your new pattern is a beautiful color, I can't wait to see it all finished!

opportunityknits said...

I block on a towel on my kids' old baby cot. I was thinking today that it would be good to get checked towel and use as grid lines.