Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sock - My wish

My wish comes true. Knitting sock is always at the top of my wish list. Here it is. Double knit yarn and 4.0mm needle are used as it is more easy to handle for my first trial. Even though it is not perfect, but I like it very much and I have to practice more for the technique of short-row and toe shaping for my toe is flat. It is the right time to finish it for Hong Kong weather is dropped to about 12C degree during this weekend. I have a warm feet.



The pattern is from the Knitty-winter05-thuja. I follow the stitches counting but change the stitches pattern (to k1,p1) as the photo.


This scarf is using the leftover of the purple yarn of my friend's v-lace and cable vest (of my last post). Again, this is for her, hope can be finished before Christmas. Sometimes, it is quite tedious to knit a long scarf always repeating the pattern. This v-lace pattern is extracted from IKfall2006.

Further, my Sienna Cardigan is finished. Will post it once my friend takes the photo for me outdoor.

Oh, I have to thank all other bloggers' comments of my last post that you all give many great suggestions which are very helpful for me to improve my knitting skill. Many Thanks.

5 comments:

Sherrill said...

Wonderful job on the socks. I'm sure you will be a master socks knitter in no time at all.

The scarf is lovely...you have a very lucky friend to receive such wonderful handknits from you.

Yahoo. You finished the Sienna Cardigan. I look forward to seeing the photo of the finished project.

It's down in the 20 degree F here...we had an awful windstorm on Thursday, knocking out power to us for about 24 hours and to others, they still have no power. We have a woodstove, so I was able to sit and knit by candlelight and be warmed by the fire.

Merry Christmas to you!

Peggy said...

Oooooh! I like your socks too!! I have some DK yarn which I want to make socks... but somehow the socks yarn, with their beautiful colors have been tempting me more.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the sock club. ;-) I'm sure you'll be addicted as the rest of us!

Andrea said...

I like your socks! The pattern looks great and the socks look warm and cozy.

Mimi said...

Oh it's great that you have new socks for the cold season! ;)

Sometimes, I feel bored when I knit scarves. It's tedious as it's too long!