Sunday, December 24, 2006

My Sienna Cardigan

Re my last post, my Sienna Cardigan is finished for weeks, and good that my friend has time with me on this X'mas time to take the shot for me.





Detail :
yarn : Aarlan Royal - 40% wool, 40% acrylic & 20% mohair (made in Switzerland)
yardage : 40g/100m and 7.5 skeins are used
needle : 4mm
pattern : IKFall2006- Sienna Cardigan
Changes :
1. the collar - is changed to v-shape instead of the shawl collar
2. as the gauge is not the same, I need to re-calculate all the no. of stitches and the front's lace pattern is 7 repeat

It has the right time to wear this for the HK weather is getting cooler around X'mas season and it is so warm that I don't want to get change. Of course, it has mohair.

And, there are 2.5 skeins of yarn is left. My mother always has an intelligence to use up all my stash. She is asking a hat and likes the stitch pattern of my sock (re my last post). OK, Mon, I will knit you one and give me time, for I want to knit one more sock for myself. But, never mind, you are the first.

Now, it is my friend's turn.




1.5 skeins of yarn is left after my friend's v-lace and cable vest, a scarf is knitted for her too using a similar v-lace pattern (re last post). I make use every inch of the yarn to knit as long as possible, finally it is 6" x 54". When she has the first sight of this scarf, she said "Wa, it is so beautiful.... and thank you". This really encourage me to knit more, more, more .... and I am so excited that she likes it so much.

Oh, it is coincided that they are in purple colour.

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year to all of you.

9 comments:

Sherrill said...

Lovely pictures of your Sienna Cardigan. I like how your collar turned out. Merry Christmas and have a great New Year.

NostalgicKnot said...

The cardigan is beautiful. I am planning to knit one too but with a red yarn.

Lily said...

it turn out beautifully. I can understand why you don't want to take it off.

Mimi said...

Good job on Sienna, it's a perfet fit and the scarf is lovely as well! It's nice to be able to use all the yarn.

Happy New Year!

Doreen said...

Sienna is beautifully knitted up. Your friend is one lucky receiver.
Happy New Year.

Andrea said...

The cardigan is beautiful. What a lucky friend!

Anonymous said...

wowee, you did a terrific job on that cardigan!!

gray la gran said...

your version of the sienna cardigan is much nicer than the original. you've done so much with that yarn ... i was admiring the little hat too :)

Anonymous said...

Love your Sienna Cardi much better than the origional..
Penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/