Friday, January 26, 2007

The THIRD one - red sock

OK, the third sock, the sharp bright red one is lastly finished.




Pattern : my own - simple cable stitches
yarn : Jaeger Misty DK - 40g/110m
needle : 3.5mm
usage : 2 skeins

I have tried very hard to take good shot of the bright red colour, but you see, the photos are still vagued. So frustrated that I give up to try the shot and don't waste my time. In real, I love this sock in simple cable and is more beautiful than the picture. This sock takes me quite a length of time for my mind is planning to knit a cable short sleeve vest. Takes time to browse through the cable stitches patterns, finally I have drafted the belowed using the Alpace yarn which is bought at Japan.



The centre is a cable stitches, its left and right sides are embraced by a tree branches liked stitches, then at both edge sides, seed stitch is knitted. This is only a preliminary thinking that has to test on a sample to see the outcome. I better hurry up for I want it can be worn on Chinese Lunar New Year, that is Feb 18, 2007.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice socks! Perfect for CNY.
I have a hard time taking red pictures too.

Maryann said...

Lovely red socks! And your cable vest design is looking great too. Can't wait to see more of it.

Vivian said...

Wow....the colour of your socks look really striking but I like it, it just lovely with the cable pattern on it.

Peggy said...

Red socks! Just perfect for Chinese New Year!

Anonymous said...

The red socks are gorgeous, and I think they photographed quite well. I have trouble trying to photograph blues and purples for some reason, which is probably the light. I cant wait to see your cabled vest too, you are so clever designing it yourself.

Andrea said...

The red socks are beautiful and perfect for Chinese New Year! Your design work is inspiring...I'll have to try it someday.

opportunityknits said...

You finished the red socks in time for CNY. And it's your own pattern too! I like the design for your cabled sweater and I'm sure it's going to look pretty in the blue yarn.

Jackie said...

What a catchy colour. Nice.