Thursday, November 24, 2005

Knit A Lace Shawl




Oh, I finally finish this lace shawl from a Japanese Book. It is very hard to do blocking of such a large piece of shawl. As this is my first time to knit such lace, for my ease, I choose this Sirdar Baby 4ply - the light orange colour (I don't know how to describe this colour). It is very thin yarn (50g each ball with 226m long). The yarn suggests to use 3.25mm needle but I change to 4.5mm needle so as to achieve the lace style. It works and extremely fine. This baby yarn is super soft and light and not bulky as it takes 3 balls (150g). I afraid that it does not large enough, so I add the edging by myself. I still have not skillful enough to knit the lace edge and attach to the master piece, I have to practice more.



At the time, I also bought this light melon colour to knit the diamond pattern scarf that I posted previously. Just start, will post picture after a few inches are knitted.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

Congratulations! It's sooo beautiful! I actually have this book, and I have been saving this design for some day. Yours look even prettier than in the book. Did you use Jap. needle 10? I am not sure about the thickness of the yarn.

Doreen said...

Wow, your scarf so beautiful. Which japanese book is that?

Unknown said...

the shawl looks really great!

Toni said...

That shawl is beautiful! Wow, and you added the edging yourself--good going!

opportunityknits said...

Your shawl is really lovely.

Knitcrazy said...

Your shawl is so pretty..
I have that yarn in a peach color and also in the light aqua..
Now maybe I sha;; make a nice lacy scarf or something with it.. I was thinking of something for Baby but you now gave me an idea.. Thanks :)

penny

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/